- CDW/LDW: It's a collision protection that covers the car you are renting from the car rental company. It doesn’t have a deductible in the US in case of an accident.
- Liability Insurance: It protects you in case of damages to another car in case of an accident, or hurting passengers or pedestrians.
- Super CDW: Only available in Europe. It's the same type of protection than the CDW, but it has no deductible in case of accidents. These coverages are included in many of the rates we offer in our site.
- It is highly recommended you select a rate that has these protection options included, as the cost of buying them at the counter is much more expensive. The cost for the CDW/LDW tends to be above $25/day while the Liability Insurance can go above $15.99/day if they are bought at the counter.
There are 3 ways for you to pay for your reservation.
- Prepaying your reservation on our site, using your credit or debit card during the reservation process and choosing the Pay Now option.
- Pay your rental in cash in US Dollars or Euros (in Europe only) when you rent or return your car. Regardless of method of payment, you will require a valid credit card.
- Pay using your credit card when you pick up your car, at the counter of the car rental company you reserved.
- The rate you reserve in advance tends to be much lower than what you will find at the counter. The rates offered at the counters are basic rates and do not include any type of coverages for collision (CDW/LDW) or liability insurance, which tends to be extraordinarily higher at the counter, prices ranging from $25/day for CDW/LDW to $11.99 for liability insurance. The rates that include these benefits are much lower than if you were to buy these optional services at the counter.
- Your guaranteed availability. Imagine arriving at your destination with bags and/or family only to find out there are no cars available to rent because the car rental companies only have enough cars for the clients who reserved in advance. This happens frequently and the alternatives for transportation are much more expensive or less safe or less convenient than renting a car.
- The more in advance you reserve your car, the better the rate you are likely you get. Car rental companies change their prices everyday based on how many cars they have available. Every day they receive more reservations and the more reservations they receive, the less cars they have available to rent, therefore their prices tend to increase as you get closer to your rental date.
- Pay a deposit in cash when you pick up your car. This is only currently available in the state of Florida, USA. You must also present your return air ticket, drivers license, pay in advance for the total amount you reserved your car for and leave a deposit in cash which can be up to 2 times the total amount of your reservation. This option is only available in the basic categories of cars (Economy through Minivan) and only when you rent from Alamo, Dollar, Hertz, National & Thrifty.
- Present your credit card as a guarantee for any additional expenses. When you return your car, you can tell the personal at the counter that you don't want the charges to go through your credit card and that you would like to pay in cash, another credit card or debit card. You can do this at any car rental location at any destination.