8 Tips for visiting theme parks in Orlando
Orlando’s theme parks are often a major reason why tourists travel to Florida. Every year, millions of visitors enjoy the Disney Parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon), Universal Parks (Universal Studios, Island Adventure, Wet ́n Wild), Sea World Parks, Aquatica, and Legoland.
1. It is important to consider age and preference, when you are choosing which park to visit. This way, you can figure out a plan of parks to visit, and parks to leave out, or to save for the next trip.
2. TThe best option to visit all the theme parks in Orlando is to Rent a car, as the parks are located within a 24 km (15 mile) radius, which makes it easy to get from one to the other.
3. To put together an itinerary, you must investigate what each Park has to offer. Among its attractions, you can find extreme roller coasters, thematic rides, water games, rides for younger kids, interactive games, shows and parades.
4. Once you have all of the necessary information, you can put together a day plan. This will allow you to save time and make the most of your visit.
5. Another important detail is to check the prices and the different types of tickets offered by the parks that you have chosen. For example, if you buy a two-day pass, it is wise to check if the pass allows you to visit one park as many times as you want for the duration of two days, or if it allows you to visit different parks during those two days.
6. For the Disney parks, it is extremely important to make advance reservations for the Fast Pass Plus, a system that allows ride entry without having to wait in long lines. Reservations can be made 60 days before check-in at the Disney Resorts, or, for those staying outside the Disney Resorts, reservations can be made 30 days in advance. Each park allows you to book three Fast Pass Plus tickets, meaning three fast passes for three different attractions or rides. Considering that, in high season, waiting to enter the most popular attractions can take up to 110 minutes, the Fast Pass Plus system, is more convenient. In any of the Disney parks, the best time to take advantage of the Fast Pass Plus is between 10.30 and 13.30. Universal also has an Express Pass, which is not free and does not require an advanced reservation.
7. If you are arriving with a rental car, it is highly recommended to get to the Park about 30 to 45 minutes before it opens. That way, you will be able to access the most popular attractions without having to wait. All parks have their own parking lot, for those who are traveling to Orlando and thinking about renting a car.
8. In most of the parks, the parking lot is located in the vicinity near the entrance to the park. However, in Magic Kingdom, parking is about a mile from the entrance, and you have to enter the park by boat or monorail from where you parked.
Rent a car, minivan or SUV in Orlando through RentingCarz at the best price with the most reputable rental companies on the market. Reserve a car online and fully enjoy Orlando and other destinations, such as Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Miami, Houston.